- Chicken Satay with Epicurean Thai Peanut Sauce
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2cuplow-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2cup lite coconut milk
- 2Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 shallot sliced thin
- 1clovegarlic minced
- 1 1/2tspThai fish sauce (or 2 additional teaspoons low sodium soy sauce)
- 1Tbspbrown sugar
- 1/2tsplime zest
- 1Tbspminced fresh ginger
- 1lbskinless, boneless chicken breast pounded slightly and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1jarEpicurean Thai Peanut Sauce
- 8(8-inch) bamboo skewers soaked for 20 minutes
- 2Tbspminced fresh basil or cilantro leaves
- 1/4cupchopped toasted peanuts
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, coconut milk, soy sauce, shallot, garlic, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime zest, and ginger. Add the chicken strips and marinate for 1 hour. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Spray a nonstick grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high flame. While pan is heating, thread chicken onto skewers. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, until meat is cooked through and has light grill marks.
- Serve chicken skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce, and garnish with basil or cilantro and chopped peanuts.